In Gaza, Hamas forces have arrested the Al-Aqsa Martyr Brigades spokesman, Mohammed Abu Irmana, after the group claimed responsibility for a rocket attack on Israel.
Also known as Abu Qusai, Mr Irmana’s arrest came on Sunday, as Israel reopened a third crossing into the Gaza Strip as part of an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire.
The Gaza ceasefire, that started on 19 June, said that Gaza fighters were to stop rocket and mortar fire, and that Israeli troops to end military strikes against the impoverished territory.
Israel is expected to ease its blockade of Gaza in return.
After calling, last week, for other Palestinian faction in Gaza to abide by the ceasefire, Hamas said it would take “necessary measures” against violators.
On Thursday, the rocket attacks threatened the ceasefire, with Gaza’s goods crossings shut by Israel for four days, and Hamas charging that Israel was not keeping to its part of the truce deal.
On Sunday, the Sufa commercial border crossing reopened. It is the third Gaza crossing opened by Israel as part of the deal.
On Friday, after being shut for two days, the Nahal Oz fuel terminal reopened.
In the past 24 hours there have been no security violations, say officials.
Israeli officials said that, in addition to the opening of Sufa, Karni crossing would be reopened, but later reconsidered.
“We finally decided to only reopen Sufa for the time being”, said Peter Lerner, an Israeli spokesman.
“Around 80 trucks filled with goods and humanitarian aid should be authorised to enter the Gaza Strip on Sunday.”
Five trucks carrying gas, petrol for cars and fuel for the territory’s power station were allowed to enter the Nahal Oz terminal early on Sunday, said Al Jazeera’s Ayman Mohyeldin, reporting from Gaza.
“It’s a very tricky game as to what comes first, whether the rocket fires or the border closures, but as we see today, there is some movement in the absence of violence”, he said.
Wounding two people, Israeli forces have fired into the Gaza Strip at least eight times since the truce started, UN sources say.
On Sunday, the occupied West Bank, which is not covered by the ceasefire deal, has seen a Palestinian teenager killed by Israeli forces.
Mohammed Doraghmeh, 17, was among a group of youths throwing stones at Israeli soldiers in the northern town of Tubas, said Palestinian security forces.
Soldiers opened fire because they spotted a Palestinian about to throw a petrol bomb, said Israeli military sources.
Though Islamic Jihad had warned it might retaliate to Doraghmeh’s attack in the West Bank, Ghazi Hamad, a Hamas spokesman, told Al Jazeera that Islamic Jihad would abide by the truce.
“There were some meetings between Hamas and other Palestinian factions, including Islamic Jihad … and they said frankly, this is the national consensus and we have to respect it”, he said.
“The situation is still difficult because not all the crossings are yet open. Essential items … still come in drop by drop”, Mr Hamad said.