Part 1 of the last Harry Potter film will be released on 19 November in the UK and the US, but the delay is too short for the 3D version to be completed. (photo, from bbcimg.co.uk)
To not delay the movie’s release, the 3D version has been ditched, Warner Bros Studio has said.
The studio said it did not want to keep fans waiting for the film.
Released on 15 July 2011, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will still be released in both 2D and 3D, which will make it the first film in the Harry Potter series to be 3D.
In a statement on Friday, the studio said: “Despite everyone’s best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality.
“We do not want to disappoint fans who have long anticipated the conclusion of this extraordinary journey.
“We, in alignment with our filmmakers, believe this is the best course to take in order to ensure that our audiences enjoy the consummate Harry Potter experience.”
More books ?
Harry Potter’s planned conversion to 3D comes amid a growing trend towards making blockbuster films available in both 2D and 3D.
Although Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was expected to be the final book in the Harry Potter series, fans have hope again since author JK Rowling has revealed last week that she might write more books about the boy wizard.
Rowling told US chat show host Oprah Winfrey that the characters were still in her head and she “could definitely” write several new books about them.
“I’m not going to say I won’t,” she said before adding : “I don’t think it’s going to happen. Feels like it’s over but you never know.”